Being a part of Amazon Associate and some other Affiliate Programs, we may earn a small commission for every qualifying purchase from affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Learn More
The Innov-is NQ3600D comes up with Avant-Garde features such as an automatic thread trimming system, large workspace, Automatic Height Adjuster, Pivot function, etc. You may ask: “what’s so Disney about…?” Well, it allows you to expand your design capabilities with the generous 233 built-in embroidery designs, including 35 featured Disney characters!
Features of Brother NQ3600D Disney
I already mentioned earlier that it comes with many great features so why not check all of these in detail?
- Sewing Speed of 850 SPM (Stitches per Minute)
- Maximum embroidery speed of 400 SPM (Stitches per Minute)
- 291 built-in stitches
- 233 embroidery designs
- 35 featuring Disney Characters included in built-in designs
- 140 frame pattern combinations
- 6″ X 10″ embroidery area
- Pivot corner for intricate and precision demanding functions like precise corners, smoother circles, and chain piercing
- Automatic Height Adjuster (AHA)
- Built-in USB port to customize designs by importing them from memory stick
- Wide range of included accessories
- “My Custom Stitch” feature
- Bright LCD screen which measures 4.2″ X 2.4″. The LCD touch screen allows you to see stitches, designs, and settings clearly.
- On-screen editing
- The enhanced zoom feature allows you to pre-visualize embroidery design before it is laid down on your fabric.
- Automatic feed thread cutting system
- 10 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes
- 5 sewing lettering fonts
- Built-in advanced needle thread and numbered thread guide
- Automatic thread cutter
- Needle up/down
- Auto-locking off stitch
- Speed control
- Press foot leveling
- Frame designs include 10 types of shapes and 12 types of stitches
- Space reduction among embroidery alphabets
- 5000+ designs available at iBroidery.com
I would like to explain some of its important features in detail so that you do not get confused especially if you are a beginner and do not know much about sewing machines.
Sewing Speed of 850 SPM
It comes with an 850 SPM sewing speed which is not a quite good sewing speed in its price range. I think no one wants to spend more than $3500 just to get a sewing speed of 850 SPM. If you want this machine for business purposes and sewing speed is your primary requirement then this is not the best fit for you. But, you can consider this machine if the finishing time of your projects does not matter to you and you just want a combo (Sewing and Embroidery) machine.
If you are looking for only a sewing machine with a great sewing speed and at a reasonable price, have a look at Juki TL-2000Qi. It offers you a sewing speed of 1500 SPM but it does not come with an embroidery feature because it is a sewing and quilting machine.
Embroidery Speed of 400 SPM
You can machine embroider the stuff at a maximum speed of 400 SPM with Brother NQ3600D Disney. Is it a good embroidery speed at its price tag? Honestly speaking, this is not. You deserve to get a good embroidery speed of at least 600-750 SPM at this price tag.
If your first priority is embroidery then why do you want to consider this machine? There are other many great options available like Bernette B79. You do get the sewing feature with Bernette B79 and also it comes with an embroidery speed of 850 SPM and a sewing speed of 1000 SPM. It also comes with the price of less than half of Brother NQ3600D Disney.
6″ X 10″ Embroidery Area
Its embroidery area is vast but not as much as it should be as per its price tag. The only thing where it leads is its combo feature (Sewing + Embroidery). Individually, you do not get either good sewing or embroidery features but Brother tried to provide both of these features with appropriate options in each.
A vast embroidery area is necessary to work with large projects. You can embroider small stuff like shirt pockets, socks, and other related small stuff but to work with large bags and pants etc. require a large embroidery area.
Automatic Height Adjuster (AHA)
Automatic Height Adjuster (AHA) ensures smooth and consistent stitch length on the whole spectrum of fabric thicknesses by keeping the presser foot pressure consistent, leading to uniform stitch quality across uneven surfaces. So, it is a great feature especially when you are working with the fabric having an uneven surface. Such stuff is not easy to handle on a normal machine and requires much attention to get good stitching quality.
“My Custom Stitch” Feature
Do not want to use built-in stitches and want to create your own custom stitch? No worries, NQ3600D Disney provides you “My Custom Stitch” feature. You can combine the built-in stitches to create a new one as per your own choice or can create your own custom stitch from scratch. You do not need to rely on only built-in stitches because every stitching style in your mind can be a reality with this feature.
Here is the short video from Brother explaining this feature.
On-screen editing is a must-to-have thing when you are going to deal with embroidery designs. You can add, combine, drag and drop, resize, rotate and reposition, etc. your embroidery designs right from your machine LCD Screen. Also, you can have such basic edits on any digitizer software but importing and exporting the embroidery designs can take time and also is an annoying process when you want very small edits again and again.
Sometimes, you want to embroidery only simple letters but in your own customized way. So, you can reduce the space between fonts right on your screen to create very clean and minimal monograms too.
Built-in USB Port
No one wants to embroider the same built-in designs again and again. Even every Best Cheap embroidery machine comes with a limited number of embroidery designs. NQ3600D Disney has the ability to import your embroidery design right from your Flashdrive as it comes with a USB port. You can easily import your favorite designs either by downloading them from the internet or creating your own custom designs from digitizer software.
Before importing the embroidery design, make sure that your embroidery design format is .PES.
- Great for Children Attire: You can imprint their favorite animated characters in a variety of ways and colors.
- 1,100 yards of colorfast polyester thread.
- Importing and Editing Features: Its digital features are above the mark especially the USB Port feature and on-screen stitch customization tools.
- Screen brightness: It is adjustable which is great for short-sighted and old people.
- Realistic preview: It is a great feature to preview your embroidery design before machine embroidering it. When an embroidery design is done, it is very hard to remove the machine embroidery.
- Free arm
- Lightweight and Portable
- Back to the Beginning Key is very convenient for beginners.
- The resume function is also included.
- Slow Sewing and Embroidery Speed: Do you think, is 850 SPM Sewing Speed and 400 SPM Embroidery Speed good? If you do, you are wrong. There is a sewing machine that comes with 1500 SPM sewing speed and is also have low price than this one, Juki TL-2000Qi. You can also find an embroidery machine with having embroidery speed of 650-900 SPM and have has a lower price than this one, Bernina Bernette B79. Bernette B79 is a perfect alternative to it, providing you sewing speed of 1000 SPM and an embroidery speed of 850 SPM. Its price is also far lower than that of NQ3600D Disney.
- High Price Tag: It is a bit high-priced machine as compared to other alternatives of this sewing and embroidery machine. As I mentioned above, Bernette B79 is almost 40% cheaper than this one and provides you more features like high sewing and embroidery speed along with other noticeable features.
- Applique Creator Function: It does not come with Applique Creator Function. You do have to consider another embroidery machine if this is your first priority.
- Can’t be connected to Computer: You can not connect this machine directly to your PC or Laptop because it has only USB Port. It does not provide you Ethernet Port or other functionality by which you could connect your machine directly to your computer to import your embroidery designs. This is not a big factor to avoid this machine because still, you have the option of the USB port to import any of your favorite designs right into your machine.
Carton Contents include a wide range of accessories:
- Accessory Storage
- Zigzag Foot
- Knee Lifter
- Standard bobbin case
- Soft Case
- Embroidery design guide
- 2 embroidery framesets
- Alternate Bobbin Case
- Quick reference guide
- Adjustable Zipper
- Foot Controller
- Large and Small screwdrivers.
- Stitch guide foot
- Zipper foot
- Monogramming foot
- Blind stitch foot
- 6″ X 10″ hoop
- Stitch guide foot
- Non-Stick foot
This product can really capacitate you to expand your layout potential with its wide range of sewing and embroidery features. The most recent addition to the Q-Series lineup is the Innov-is NQ3600D and it has the greatest number of popular mixes of sewing and embroidery attributes. We can safely claim it as an all–in–one gadget due to its utility in sewing, quilting, and embroidery alike.
Friendly to Beginners and Fun for Hobbyists
Hearing about a plethora of operating features, a query naturally follows up “Is it for the novice or not ??”– Well, one can simply say that beginners don’t want a straight, mathematical set of instructions. they are interested in colorful and many–to–do type stuff which easily sparks their interest. How it’s great for hobbyists and experienced sewers, needs no elaboration because they never get fed up with more and more to do!
FAQs about Brother NQ3600D Disney
What is the price of Brother NQ3600D?
Brother NQ3600D Disney is being sold for under $3500. You can check its latest price with a discount here on SewingMachinesPlus. Its price is a bit higher than the feature it is providing as I discussed above.
What is the Embroidery Design Format supported by it?
As it is an embroidery machine by Brother, it supports .PES format. All of the Brother Embroidery Machines support.PES format. There are many digitizer software available that you can use to convert your embroidery design to .PES if it is not already. Make sure to check the design format before importing it to your machine.
Should you buy Brother Innov-Is NQ3600D Disney?
It is not recommended to buy this machine because it lacks many great features and of course the price is high. You can buy Bernina’s Bernette B79 which is also a combo sewing and embroidery machine and is cheaper a lot also. Actually, I do not think its sewing speed of 850 SPM and embroidery speed of 400 SPM enough for you after spending almost $3500. So, why not choose the Bernette B79 sewing & embroidery machine that can save $1500 and provide you sewing speed of 1000 SPM and an embroidery speed of 850 SPM.
You need to make sure that you can not find a specific feature in any other machine that is in Brother NQ3600D Disney before buying it. Although, the stitching quality of NQ3600D Disney is great and especially “My Custom Stitch” feature but sewing and embroidery speed is something where it lags behind the other machine. Also, consider its high price before buying it because you are not going to get what you will pay.
If you are still confused about making the right decision or have any other questions, why not you ask us directly? You can contact our team via Live Chat and they will be more than happy to help you in this regard for FREE.